Thursday, August 22, 2013

My Baby Girl!

And just like that, Agnes is all grown up *sniff, sniff*!  We dropped of Agnes this morning for her very first day of preK.  But no tears were shed; we were all much too excited for her big day!  Matt went and got a dozen donuts to celebrate, but she didn't eat a single one she was so nervous.  She told me after she came home from school that her tummy hurt this morning.  Then she said, 'i went poop at school and wiped my butt all by myself.  i am never going poop at school again until high school!'  Now, if that doesn't qualify for a big memory-making, first-day of school, then I don't know what does!

Me and my gal

Always daddy's little girl

Thankfully, everyone was able to trek down to the school and take her in for her first day!  Matt had to split as soon as we got back home!



Her brothers were so excited for her
She insisted on wearing her pearls - always a fashionista


It was right around this time that Agnes's nervousness really began to set in.  But she did great.  She gave us all a million hugs and kisses and was good to go.  That's my girl!




 They give the kids breakfast at Hillcrest, and since she is in the morning session she gets to partake!  However, she did not eat the strawberry poptart due to the nerves.

Agnes and her teacher's aid, Mrs. Traywick

 Agnes is fortunate enough to have the same teacher and teacher's aid that Peter had, Mrs. McNeilly and Mrs. Traywick.  They are great and have known her since she was Vincent's age when we would go to Hillcrest to take Frank to kindergarten.  It is hard for everyone to believe that she is so old!

Realizing how fragile the girl : boy balance in my family is

 So, for the next couple of weeks it is going to be just me and the boys in the morning.  I already miss my girl time that I am so used to having with Agnes while the big boys are at school and Vin is caged in his crib napping.  Nope, that is now a thing of the past.  C'est la vie.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

I laughed so hard at her no poop til high school comment! I am in love with that girl!